If you are interested in helping us save our bare-nosed wombats, there are a few options.
I do two things for wombats: rescue drives and treating wombats with mange. The area where I need most assistance is with mange treatment. I can’t do this on my own, I need people who care to become involved. It takes a village…. 🙂
So the things you can do:
- Become a volunteer
- If you want to join us (frequency is up to you), please send you email to email@example.com and I will add you to the volunteer mailing list
- We meet every Sunday at 8am 15 minutes south of Googong
- We service around 150 burrow flaps by making sure they are in working order and putting medicine in each for the wombat occupant
- Donate things we use on a regular basis, such as…
- AA batteries (used in the wildlife cameras and I use a lot of them)
- 25ml syringes
- Bottled water (I provide this for the volunteers every week)
- Donate funds towards the buying of Cydectin. (www.specialistsales.com.au)
I have an account with Specialist Sales who provides the Cydectin for us. We use 2.5l per week
- You can pay any amount you wish directly into the sales account
- This will enable me to buy the medicine once there are enough funds available
IMPORTANT: as reference, please use Yolandi Vermaak, (to allocate to the correct account).
Please make your payment to:
Specialist Sales P/L
BSB: 034 221
ACC: 278 300
Thank you again to each and every person who is helping us in doing this important work. The bare-nosed wombat is becoming increasingly vulnerable and I do not want to see them become endangered and extinct. But we have to act now.